Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 9, 2015

Dear Friends,
This week definitely had some ups and downs! General Conference was fantastic!! My favorite talks from General Conference were probably the talks given by L Whitney Clayton, about just keep on working towards that light! Dale G Renlund, he talked about how a Saint is a sinner who keeps on trying. I really loved this one. Gérald Caussén also had a great talk! I loved how it pertained to missionary work and made me so excited to be able to get back to the basics of the gospel and to see people experience it for the first time! Finally my last favorite talk was given by of course Jeffrey R Holland! I loved the reminder that our Savior is always there for us and that the atonement applies to all we just have to accept it! We had an elder go home this week that was pretty unsettling but it helped remind me of why i am here and that i am supposed to be here! I miss home but not enough to give up such a wonderful experience like this! Also this week our other zone in our district took off for their missions! That was a little sad but we are so excited for them to go into the fields! smile emoticon now we are the lone zone in our whole district! they keep saying we should get one but they all manage to get transferred out of our district! frown emoticon but that's okay! Our zone has really come to bond with one another and that's great! I have two other missionaries in my zone that are going to my mission! Elder Taylor and Elder Goodro! They are now the only elders in our zone! they are great! We found out that our "investigator" turns out to be our new teacher! She is now Hermana Martinez! She is amazing! we love her to death!
This week was a good lesson in humility! Our teachers havent really taught us how to help us improve up until last night! Which was their plan all along! They wanted us to become Closer to our Heavenly Father and to turn to Him with our questions rather than our teachers! I still wish they would have taught us a little on how to use the pamphlets and how to teach investigators more at the beginning of our MTC experience!
I love my companions! They are so much fun and such a blessing!!! smile emoticon we get along great and love to have fun but know when its time to be serious! smile emoticon I love this gospel its such a blessing in my life! Im so grateful for the MTC experience! i've learned a lot! I cant wait to get to Argentina though! smile emoticon I love you all!! smile emoticon
Hermana Armstrong
--
The Church is True!!



No comments:

Post a Comment