Friday, December 25, 2015

October 5th

I hope all is well with everyone! This was a really good week for us!! We got to move in!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!! :)That was a huge blessing!! The elders did pretty good for having to pick out an apartment for the sisters!!! :) haha but we are just really excited to have a place to call our own now!!! Its been the best!!
Also we got to listen to General Conference! That was the coolest!!! It was really uplifting! I loved listening to all the talks and getting to see the new apostles that were called! I had the opportunity to listen to the first sessions in spanish and then i listened to the sunday sessions in english! But i think my favorites were M. Russell ballards, Fransico Viñas, Robert D Hales, Elder Holland, Vern p stanfill Dale G renlund, Prestident Nelson, Elder Cristoffersons, President eyring, and David a Bednars talk! Oh and of course i loved president monsons talk! Well after i wrote all their names i have realized that this is basically all of the general conference! haha but it is incredible how many talks were able to touch my heart! I had no idea that elder viñas could speak english!!! He was the one that came to our mission in August and we got to meet with him!! haha but that was a cool surprise! He also translated his own talk!! That was really cool to hear and to listen to!
This week in my studies i have been reading about the love of our Heavenly Father for us and i love the scriptures in Matthew 11:28-30!
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.)
 and how His burden is light! I was reading in Mosiah 24:10-16 

(10And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God. 
11And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he put guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death. 
12And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts. 
13And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. 
14And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in... 
15And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 
16And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage. )
and how the sons of Mosiah were able to be strengthened to withstand their burdens and trials! Its true that we all have our trials but with the help of our loving Savior we don't have to go through these trials alone! We have the invitation to come to Him we just need to take that first step to accept that invitation!!
I love you all and i wanted to share my thoughts with you! I dont have any pictures this week as i am in La Paz for today and so i dont have pictures to send but this coming week there will be quite a few!! So be prepared!! ;)

Love,
Hermana Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment